Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Small Things Tag- OAK Tree Stamps- Design Team Post


I have a friend who is expecting and I just wanted to give her a tiny something. I didn't have a small enough gift bag, so I made one. It was very plain so I created a tag to go on the front of it. I had the idea that I wanted to have my stamped image match the papers but wasn't sure how to do that. Here is what I came up with. 


1.  I cut out a piece of the lightest part of the paper I could find it was hard because there where flowers everywhere. I then stamped an image from the OAK Tree-Baby Bumps Stamp set. 
2.  I colored her in using my Spectrum Noir Markers. I love how it turned out. 
3. Cut her out leaving a tiny border


4.  I cut out flowers from the paper, and used the same Spectrum Noirs to add a bit more color and pull it all together. I also cut out a small banner and stamped the "Good things come in small packages" sentiment.  

 5. I cut out the tag at 4 1/2in X 3in. and distressed it a bit.  I used a Tim Holtz Distress tool on the edges, then inked it with Black Soot Distress Ink. I wrinkled it a bit and added a few splashes of Perfect Pearl Mists. I cropped the edges and rounded the bottom. I also punched a small hole with my crop-a-dile. 
6. I adhered all the pieces to the tag. I popped a few of them up on dimensional tape.  
7. To finish off the tag I added a a few yellow rhinestones to the flowers. I ran tulle thru the whole and stapled it to make sure it stayed in place. 

I added all the tag to the front of the bag with dimensional tape and used the same tulle to stuff in the bag. I really love how it all came out.

What I used:
OAK Tree Stamp Set-Baby Bumps 
Fancy Pants Papers- Item #758 In Love  & Item #862 Fairytale
Spectrum Noir Markers 
Tim Holtz Distress Tool 
Black Soot- Distress Ink 
Perfect Pearls Mist- Turquoise & Interference Red
Yellow Rhinestones
Turquoise Tulle
Crop-A-Dile 
Dimensional Foam Tape 

Thanks for looking, hope this inspired you to pull out your stamps and create!!!! 
-Chris  

2 comments:

  1. Christ, this is a wonderful tag. When you look at it one way, it could be a pregnant bride. How awesome. You are so darn creative!

    ReplyDelete

CGC Challenge #253 - Anything Goes

Hey crafty friends check out my project I created for our new Challenge over at the Crafty Gals Corner Blog!  The theme for this challenge i...