Thursday, October 16, 2014
The original plan was to make ghosts with the Blow Pops, but I discovered I had no white tissue paper. So, I tried to find ideas on Pinterest. I found vampires and pumpkins... and nothing really I could use with green. The only color I had, and green ghosts are not cute. I found a cute lil witch hat and figured i'll just make a WITCH!!!!
Here are the Supplies I used:
Blow Pops (or Tootsie Pops)
Punched out Flowers
2 1/2 in circle with a 1 in circle cut out the center
Rectangular Piece Of Paper rolled into a cone
Eye Lash Yarn
Here she is... Really easy to do....
1. Cover the Blow Pop with green tissue paper.
2. Tie a ribbon around the stick to secure the tissue paper.
3. Cut out your circles, I used my Cricut was easier.
Trace and Cut The Circle By Hand
4. Roll your rectangular paper into cones.
5. Slide the circle over the cone to see where you need to cut.
6. Leave about a 1/4 in. space extra.
7. Once you have the excess trimmed, make 5 or 6 snips.(about 1/4in.)
8. Should look this.. .then add glue to the tabs .
9. Slide the circle over, should fit perfectly.
Add an additional circle(brim) in the bottom to cover the tabs, the reason i say this is optional is because the hair covers it any way.
10. Glue on the hat. and add any embellishment.
11. Make the ugly witch nose my twisting tissue paper with your fingers.
Hold one end in one hand and twist with the other, you will get a flat side.
looks funny but makes gluing on easier.
Add a green bling to the nose, it look s like a wart. lol
12. Glue on the Google Eyes and Nose.
13. Add a dot of hot glue in the back of her head and just wrap the Eye Lash Yarn around a few times.
Get it as close as possible to the brim of the hat.
Add a dot more of glue to attach the end of the yarn.
You my have to fix the fibers a little, and trim the nose but, as long as she is creepy cute that's all that matters.
Monday, October 13, 2014
I have seen lots and lots of ways to make cute treat bags or boxes and use Bugs -N- Kisses. All I see is spiders and other gross bugs, I wanted mine to be cute. I'll post a link to the contest I'm entering and where to get the cut file.
7. I tied on the ribbon and flag. Then filled up the box with kisses and little strips of curled paper.
These are the boxes I made and filled them with Hershey's Kisses.
If you want to see how I made them keep scrollin'.
Here are the Supplies I used:
*Papers From Little Yellow Bicycle-Trick or Treat & an old Halloween Martha Stewart Paper Pad. All other paper is Recollections card stock.
*Elmer's Xtreame Glue Stick(out of ATC)
*Stampin Up! Ink-Sahara Sand
*Stampin Up! Stampin' Write Marker- Basic Black
*We Are Memory Keepers-Crop-o-dile
*Gelly Roll Pen- White
***NOT PICTURED ***
*Ribbon (from stash)
1. I cut out all the pieces with my Cricut. The Link to the file will be at the end of this post.
I used my little test bug to hold the little pieces.
2. I folded and glued the tops and bottoms of the boxes.
And they looked like this... the top has like a little tap cut out to hold the bottom to remove the top.
3.I organized the bug parts and started to ink and glue them together. I drew on the eyes with my Stampin' Write Maker. And I added a Highlight on his nose with a Gelly Roll Pen.
4. He is really cute once he is all together.
5. I flipped him over to and added Stampin' Dimensionals , to make him pop up from the lid. I did this, so it would be easier to add the ribbon and little "bugs -n- kisses" flag.
6. Using the Print Then Cut Feature, I made the little "Bugs -N- Kisses" flags. Was so quick and easy. I inked them up, layered them and punched a hole with my Crop-O-Dile.
And that was it... Sorry Some of the photos I wanted to share I couldn't get loaded. Hope you enjoy them...
Link for File
Special thanks to my friend Jennifer Laging, for encouraging me to enter the contest and inspiring me everyday!!!!
Bugs -n- Kisses
Thursday, October 2, 2014
You choose $125 worth of stamping supplies for only $99 + tax. Shipping on your starter kit is FREE!
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
I've been a busy guy cutting away with my Cricuts....
Here are a few pics of what I've been working on!!!!
Here are some cuts I made for a swap partner who had her first set of cuts lost in the mail....
I loved them I almost just kept them...
I made this card for a friend, just so she knew I was there for her when ever she needed me...
Also, made 4 of these they are all the same but with different smiles. I'd like to make something for my co-workers every Friday of October... So, yes more Halloween cuteness to come.
I made this box using only a 4.5in. X 6.5in. piece of paper..
Here is the link to the great video on how its done...
THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO...