Thursday, October 22, 2015

Critter Christmas Cards- Maymay Made It DT Post


I asked Maymay to surprise me with  any of her awesome stamp sets to create with. I'm so glad she chose to send me Critter Christmas to play with. I had/have so many ideas to use with this set. I made two cards to share with everyone for now, as Christmas gets closer I'll share more here on my blog and in the Maymay Made It And So Did I! Facebook Group. Here are my Critter Christmas Cards, I made them A2 size which  4.25"X5.50".

Go Tail it on the Mountain-Mouse Card  

Owl Be Home For Christmas-Owl Card

Mouse Card

1. I cut the first layer at 4"X 5.25". I then added a mountain I cut out of a scrap of coordinating paper, by just rounding the top.
2. The next layer is a cut from Cricut called North Pole, it's from the Winter Frolic-Cricut Cartridge. I cut it at 7.25" in width which was way larger but I sliced it to fit my first layer, it did cut of some of the image but i was happy as long as the trees fit.  I glued the solid trees down with liquid glue, and popped the others up on dimensional tape.
3. The Mouse cut is 3.5" in height, you can find hi, on the Create A Critter 2 Cricut cartridge. I popped him up on dimensional tape also.
4. I stamped the sentiment from "Go Tail it on the Mountain" on a scrap cut it out then layered it on another scrap.
5. To tie in all the elements of the card I used only one color of Distress Ink to ink the edges of all my layers and die cut pieces. I used one of the newer Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Hickory Smoke.
6. I made a bow our of Tim Holtz Paper String, and slid it on a few pieces i had already wrapped around.
7. I wrapped some more string around the top. I then adhered the whole thing on the base with dimensional tape.

Owl Card

1. I cut two layers for this card, the first is 4"X 5.25" the second is 3.75"X5".
2. I then cut out three Owls, also from Create A Critter 2 Cricut cartridge. I cut them at 1.55" in width. I cut the first two layers with the same papers then switched up the papers for the other layers so I would have different colored owls, hats and scarves.
3. I added the owls one the second layer with dimensional tape. I then added the stamped sentiment like I did on the mouse card.
4. I  wrapped some Tim Holtz Paper String around and under the owls to make it look as if they are sitting on it. I added a bow in the left to finish the card.
5. I adhered the first layer of the card on the base with liquid glue, then added the second one with dimensional tape.
6. I used only Vintage Photo Distress Ink to ink the edges of all the elements of this card.


Critter Christmas Set


I really hope you like my Maymay Made It Design Team project. I really enjoyed making them, and I hope I inspired those of you who have this set. If you don't have it you can get it using the link below.... If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask :) -Chris

ALL ABOUT MAYMAY MADE IT & FALL/WINTER DT:

1. Maymay Made It stamps were created in 2013.
2. They are manufactured from high quality photopolymer right here in the USA.
3. 4x6 stamp sets (or what I call full size) are $11.99.
4. 4x4 stamp sets are $7.99.
5. Maymay Made It offers a stamp club. It is $11.99 per month USA and $13.49 per month international, there is not shipping charge and as long as you are a club member in good standing you can take advantage of free shipping on all stamps ordered from the Etsy store. 
Maymay Links:
Get Maymay Made It Stamps here:
https://goo.gl/924Kwq
Maymay Made It Youtube:
http://goo.gl/EPxIBl
Maymay Made It and So Did I Facebook Group
http://goo.gl/EPxIBl

Maymay Made It Fall/Winter Design Team:
Tracey Phillips
https://goo.gl/OQ6bp0
Gareth Frewer
https://goo.gl/iuQewu
Christopher Lopez
http://goo.gl/ZemXd2
Stacy Williams
https://goo.gl/N7YUrg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Challange #254 - Anything Goes CGC

  The theme for our challenge this month is:  ~ Anything Goes ~  Our wonderful and very generous sponsors for this challenge are:   (listed ...