I asked Maymay to surprise me with any of her awesome stamp sets to create with. I'm so glad she chose to send me Critter Christmas to play with. I had/have so many ideas to use with this set. I made two cards to share with everyone for now, as Christmas gets closer I'll share more here on my blog and in the Maymay Made It And So Did I! Facebook Group. Here are my Critter Christmas Cards, I made them A2 size which 4.25"X5.50".
|Go Tail it on the Mountain-Mouse Card|
|Owl Be Home For Christmas-Owl Card|
1. I cut the first layer at 4"X 5.25". I then added a mountain I cut out of a scrap of coordinating paper, by just rounding the top.
2. The next layer is a cut from Cricut called North Pole, it's from the Winter Frolic-Cricut Cartridge. I cut it at 7.25" in width which was way larger but I sliced it to fit my first layer, it did cut of some of the image but i was happy as long as the trees fit. I glued the solid trees down with liquid glue, and popped the others up on dimensional tape.
3. The Mouse cut is 3.5" in height, you can find hi, on the Create A Critter 2 Cricut cartridge. I popped him up on dimensional tape also.
4. I stamped the sentiment from "Go Tail it on the Mountain" on a scrap cut it out then layered it on another scrap.
5. To tie in all the elements of the card I used only one color of Distress Ink to ink the edges of all my layers and die cut pieces. I used one of the newer Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Hickory Smoke.
6. I made a bow our of Tim Holtz Paper String, and slid it on a few pieces i had already wrapped around.
7. I wrapped some more string around the top. I then adhered the whole thing on the base with dimensional tape.
1. I cut two layers for this card, the first is 4"X 5.25" the second is 3.75"X5".
2. I then cut out three Owls, also from Create A Critter 2 Cricut cartridge. I cut them at 1.55" in width. I cut the first two layers with the same papers then switched up the papers for the other layers so I would have different colored owls, hats and scarves.
3. I added the owls one the second layer with dimensional tape. I then added the stamped sentiment like I did on the mouse card.
4. I wrapped some Tim Holtz Paper String around and under the owls to make it look as if they are sitting on it. I added a bow in the left to finish the card.
5. I adhered the first layer of the card on the base with liquid glue, then added the second one with dimensional tape.
6. I used only Vintage Photo Distress Ink to ink the edges of all the elements of this card.
|Critter Christmas Set|
I really hope you like my Maymay Made It Design Team project. I really enjoyed making them, and I hope I inspired those of you who have this set. If you don't have it you can get it using the link below.... If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask :) -Chris