Monday, October 13, 2014

Bugs -N- Kisses

I have seen lots and lots of ways to make cute treat bags or boxes and use Bugs -N- Kisses. All I see is spiders and other gross bugs, I wanted mine to be cute.  I'll post a link to the contest I'm entering and where to get the cut file. 




These are the boxes I made and filled them with Hershey's Kisses. 
If you want to see how I made them keep scrollin'. 

Here are the Supplies I used:


*Papers From Little Yellow Bicycle-Trick or Treat  & an old Halloween Martha Stewart Paper Pad. All other paper is Recollections card stock.
*Elmer's Xtreame Glue Stick(out of ATC)
*Stampin Up! Ink-Sahara Sand 
*Stampin Up! Stampin' Write Marker- Basic Black 
*Stampin' Dimensionals
*We Are Memory Keepers-Crop-o-dile
*Gelly Roll Pen- White 

***NOT PICTURED ***
*Cricut Explore 
*Ribbon (from stash)
*Hershey's Kisses 
*Blending Chalk 
* Scissors

*************************************

1. I cut out all the pieces with my Cricut. The Link to the file will be at the end of this post. 

I used my little test bug to hold the little pieces. 

2. I folded and glued the tops and bottoms of the boxes. 

And they looked like this... the top has like a little tap cut out to hold the bottom to remove the top. 

3.I organized the bug parts and started to ink and glue them together. I drew on the eyes with my Stampin' Write Maker. And I added a Highlight on his nose with a Gelly Roll Pen.







4. He is really cute once he is all together. 

5. I flipped him over to and added Stampin' Dimensionals , to make him pop up from the lid. I did this, so it would be easier to add the ribbon and little "bugs -n- kisses" flag. 

6. Using the Print Then Cut Feature, I made the little "Bugs -N- Kisses" flags. Was so quick and easy. I inked them up, layered them and punched a hole with my Crop-O-Dile. 

7. I tied on the ribbon and flag. Then filled up the box with kisses and little strips of curled paper.

And that was it... Sorry Some of the photos I wanted to share I couldn't get loaded. Hope you enjoy them...

Link for File 

Contest Link

Special thanks to my friend Jennifer Laging, for encouraging me to enter the contest and inspiring me everyday!!!!  

Bugs -n- Kisses 
-Chris 





2 comments:

  1. Great photos showing how you put your treat boxes together. Love the cute bugs and the perfect title "Bugs and Kisses" lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks! And your welcome... I loved this file and was glad to finally use it. Also thanks for hosting the contest otherwise I wouldn't have had a reason to make them.

      Delete

Challange #254 - Anything Goes CGC

  The theme for our challenge this month is:  ~ Anything Goes ~  Our wonderful and very generous sponsors for this challenge are:   (listed ...