Monday, October 13, 2014

Bugs -N- Kisses

I have seen lots and lots of ways to make cute treat bags or boxes and use Bugs -N- Kisses. All I see is spiders and other gross bugs, I wanted mine to be cute.  I'll post a link to the contest I'm entering and where to get the cut file. 




These are the boxes I made and filled them with Hershey's Kisses. 
If you want to see how I made them keep scrollin'. 

Here are the Supplies I used:


*Papers From Little Yellow Bicycle-Trick or Treat  & an old Halloween Martha Stewart Paper Pad. All other paper is Recollections card stock.
*Elmer's Xtreame Glue Stick(out of ATC)
*Stampin Up! Ink-Sahara Sand 
*Stampin Up! Stampin' Write Marker- Basic Black 
*Stampin' Dimensionals
*We Are Memory Keepers-Crop-o-dile
*Gelly Roll Pen- White 

***NOT PICTURED ***
*Cricut Explore 
*Ribbon (from stash)
*Hershey's Kisses 
*Blending Chalk 
* Scissors

*************************************

1. I cut out all the pieces with my Cricut. The Link to the file will be at the end of this post. 

I used my little test bug to hold the little pieces. 

2. I folded and glued the tops and bottoms of the boxes. 

And they looked like this... the top has like a little tap cut out to hold the bottom to remove the top. 

3.I organized the bug parts and started to ink and glue them together. I drew on the eyes with my Stampin' Write Maker. And I added a Highlight on his nose with a Gelly Roll Pen.







4. He is really cute once he is all together. 

5. I flipped him over to and added Stampin' Dimensionals , to make him pop up from the lid. I did this, so it would be easier to add the ribbon and little "bugs -n- kisses" flag. 

6. Using the Print Then Cut Feature, I made the little "Bugs -N- Kisses" flags. Was so quick and easy. I inked them up, layered them and punched a hole with my Crop-O-Dile. 

7. I tied on the ribbon and flag. Then filled up the box with kisses and little strips of curled paper.

And that was it... Sorry Some of the photos I wanted to share I couldn't get loaded. Hope you enjoy them...

Link for File 

Contest Link

Special thanks to my friend Jennifer Laging, for encouraging me to enter the contest and inspiring me everyday!!!!  

Bugs -n- Kisses 
-Chris